You may love the look of a luxury interior, but you may not love the cost that comes with it. Here are 8 ways that you can make your home look a little more high-end, without the price tag.
- Ditch the clutter – Rather than adding more items to your home, one of the best things you can do is remember the mantra “less is best”. Remove things that aren’t useful, and don’t improve the look of the space. Time to spend a weekend decluttering! This is free to do, and you might even make some extra cash by selling the things you don’t use.
- Housekeeping – With your newly decluttered home, housekeeping actually becomes easier, as less things mean less cleaning. Maybe hiring a cleaner is out of your budget (although for a lot of people, the cost is well worth it) and if that’s the case, just a quick general clean of 10-20 minutes every day can be a lot more sustainable than having to dedicate a few hours out of your weekend, every weekend.
- Paint – Not only does a fresh coat of paint freshen up the place, but it really speaks something about its character. Whether it’s bold feature walls, crisp white or gentle soft hues, the wall colour will make a huge difference to the feel of the space.
- Lighting – Look at your lighting. Most houses will come with standard ceiling lighting fixtures, and while it is sometimes something that is forgotten, lighting makes all the difference to the look and feel of your home. Bright, white lighting can work well for cleaner, contemporary styles, whereas softer lighting may work better for others, depending on the desired ambience. In addition, you really can have some fun adding some character to the room with some of these ideas.
- Up to date cushions and throws – You have to admit that there is nothing more luxe than a living room or bedroom with some stylishly placed cushions (not too many!), and a chunky knit throw draped over the furniture. As styles and seasons change and your home needs a bit of a refresh, cushions and throws are much easier and more affordable to change rather than buying new furniture or flooring.
- Add flowers – Don’t wait for someone to buy them for you; go and make it your weekly gift to yourself – you deserve it! It need not be the most expensive bouquet from the florist…unless you want it to be, of course. Just a $10-15 bunch from the weekend markets, popped into an elegant vase, will uplift your living room immediately.
- Matching towel sets – Replace your mismatched towel set with a good quality, complete set, and you’ll notice an immediate difference. One of the easiest things you can do to always ensure that your towels, bathmats and hand towels are always matching, is to only purchase them in one colour. If you’re not sure of what colour to go with, a fluffy white towel set always tends to give a sense of hotel luxury.
- Good quality furniture – When you do purchase furniture, it can be tempting to purchase cheap items. Don’t. Not only do they look cheap, they also won’t last you as long, and you may even end up spending more in the long run. As a smarter option, we stock quality furniture at wholesale pricing, giving you the best of both worlds.
Making your home look more luxurious doesn’t have to be expensive. With a few simple changes and smart shopping choices, you can transform your home into a space that you truly enjoy.
For a one on one shopping experience and to save up to 80% on designer furniture, contact our team at Wholesale Furniture Outlet.